Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Refreshing Photoshoot In Downtown KL


Okay, now I know this is gonna sound reeeeeaaaally weird. I went down to KL to shoot a couple without knowing their names! Interesting eh...? Well actually, my presence was made possible by an invite from Edwin Tan, who is a fellow photographer as well. Basically, I was there as an observer, or in a more direct to the point term : a busybody hehe.

Actually this couple engaged Edwin as their photographer, and since Edwin asked me to tag along, so I tagged along. I went into the picture with an idea to shoot more towards a behind the the scene photographs. However I end up having more of normal portraitures instead of candid behind the scene shots. Oh well, talking about doing something which one is so used to.


Anyway, the shoot went well; although the skies weren't one which I have hoped for. But overall it was a cool and nice experience. It has been a while since I last had a shoot which is practically pressureless. This definitely made me feel photography is kinda refreshing again. Thanks to Edwin for not making me comply to feed him with any form of deliverables of course!


Also, since this was my maiden shoot with my D300, this new DSLR prooved to be a real mean machine. Handling it seems effortless, and in no time, little did I realized I've shot over 200 frames in that evening. This definitely helps in building a more solid confidence with Nikon gears as I bring them forth to do more wedding coverage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I like your shots mate, good job! Next time I should be a busybody as well haha.

Jay Han said...

thanks mark. well im sure now that sometimes being a busybody helps a lot. LOL! Thanks for dropping by anyway :)