Monday, May 26, 2008

Morning Shootout @ Putrajaya


It was kinda last minute, and I've long left out from model shootouts ever since picking up wedding photography. As much as it's a different genre (sort of) of photography, nevertheless, it was refreshing. Thanks to N.Keong and Norraine for organizing this photoshoot, and also kinda made me drag my lazy bums out of bed on a Sunday morning - and mind you, it was in the 6am-ish. :P


This shoot out also made it possible for me to finally get a chance to meet up with a fellow photographer H.A.Lee, whom I've always regarded as a fellow virtual mentor/source of portrait inspiration. It was his portraits which have drawn me very much into digital photography when I started off. So, it was definitely a cool thing to get the chance to meet him and also his very hospitable wife, Sharon.

Anyway, there were 4 girls for us all to shoot that morning - Norraine, Isabelle, Christy and Rachel. We (photographers) were split up into groups to shoot different sitters. I was very much into shooting strobist style thus I got away with Christy to a corner to setup my rigs and get some shots done. Tried my hands on natural lighting... and still didnt really like it very much :P

Halfway down the shoot and we came across a bunch of fellas who drove their exotic cars (namely Ferrari and Porsche) and parked them in front of Putra Perdana's big roundabout. So, off we went to shoot some cars with gurls :P Awesome! As I get drifted away with my D300 and the new 70-200mm f2.8 VR, I ended up shooting photographers in action more than shooting the cars and/or the girls combined! LOL!


Anyway, I left the group around 11am to go back home and get prepped up for a wedding dinner shoot (Daniel & Sharon's) which is gonna be held at Damansara. NKeong and the rest of the gang moved to some office buildings to get more architectural backgrounds and we parted.

This is definitely a very refreshing outing and also one which I've enjoyed a lot. Muchos gracias!

No comments: