Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Louise & Kok Tsong's Big Day

I covered Louise & Kok Tsong's wedding last Sunday. I was the solo photographer, and in fact, my very first time covering for the groom's side. I think I shall say that it was rather amusing that the couple requested me to cover the groom's side rather than the bride's side. Under normal circumstances of a solo photographer covering a wedding day, clients (or rather the brides :P) would want her photos taken and her big day recorded on her side. Grooms are... well, just like any other men, are rather much easy going with the photographing.

Anyway, I arrived at the groom's place in Cheras, and started off my task recording down those special moments, as well as minor details which the bride might love to see. It was funny how my mind work at that time. As I kept on clicking my EOS 40D, I kept on thinking, how would the bride wanna see her husband's preparation for the whole day would look like. It eases my job a lot more. I flow with the feel of how I would normally shoot. After all, that's a crucial part of my workflow which is an unseen element in my job. I call this "feel" - a passion for wedding photography. This passion enables me to capture those special moments the couple would embrace and cherish over the time the see the photos I took for them.
It is also this passion which drove me to kept on shooting until almost midnight; despite being hit by fever and also a bad flu, which was like a brewing storm. :P
Anyway, it was overall a fun and easy-going day. Thanks to KT Lee, the videographer who made time fly faster when we were both sorting and editing the photos for a video montage preparation for the dinner at night.

I arrived home close to about 2am, feeling all drowsy and woosy, but happy that my photos made both Louise & Kok Tsong feeling happy and satisfied.

Rachel (my the other half) waited for me and cooked me some bak kut teh instant noodles with 4 biji of meatballs. How sweet of her. :) We shared the noodles and I poped some panadol soluble before tuckin' into bed and dozed off to lala-land.

No comments: