Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pauline & Eric

Shot a full wedding day event last Saturday. Pauline is from Kota Kinabalu and Eric is a local Klang chap. Loving and fun going couple.

Pauline's got this place in Ken Damansara, which is a condominium located (I would presume) in between Petaling Jaya and Damansara. Security was a pain and made me waited at the guardhouse for about 10-20 mins before I could go up and get on going with my job. But then again, thats good security for the residence :)

Anyway, Pauline engaged a Taiwanese MUA, who I must say have done a very good job. :) There were some confusion when the groom arrived cuz there are 2 entrances to the residence building. So I had to run my butt off together with the bride's "sisters" to another entrance :P when the groom's entourage arrived. Luckily I didnt miss any shots which I already had in mind. ~ phew~

The day went smoothly and I manage to capture loads of pics. The most memorable photo of the day would be a group shot (family photo) which took place at a rather small area which accomodated 61 people all together! To add some funk to it - I had like about 1-2 minutes to get it done; right from the moment I answered "Yes I can get it done!" to the groom's mother. And it went something like this :

1. Situation : I realize landscape mode would be a no-no for this big group shot due to the location constraint. There's a nice zig-zag staircase which I can use to create layers of people so that they dont get their face blocked. The ceiling is very high, about 2 storeys approximately, and ambient wasnt helping much.

2. Solution : Showed the groom where I need his family members need to stand thru my EOS 40D LiveView and my SIGMA 10-20mm on it. He gets the idea and started ushering them up the stairs. I poped a 430EX flashgun on the first floor so it will fire into the ceiling, and set it to slave mode at high power. Next, I ran downstairs and the people are already in place.

3. Execution : I set my 40D to f10 (if I recall correctly), adjusted my 580EX to full power and direct it to fire into the ceiling again. Now, 2 lights should be enough to give me a nice bounce light to illuminate everyone's face. I took a shot, knowing everyone's gonna get agitated very soon. chimp at the LCD, looks nice. and took 4 more for safety measures.

Job done.

A few pat on the backs and a nice Bak Kut Teh for lunch... and off I went to get ready to cover their dinner event :)

Again, it was a fun dinner event, and I manage to do some Strobist style shoot for Pauline and Eric. The whole thing got wrapped up by abt 11pm and that's the end of the day for me.

Congrats to Pauline & Eric.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, nice... I like the staircase group shot... :)

jessbabe said...

i love the lift shot..mesmerizing i would say.