Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Strobist Workshop @ Bukit Jalil Recreational Park

I organized a Strobist Workshop on Sunday, which was like just a day after the bridal shoot which I had over at Simon's place. For those of you who don't know what is STROBIST; its basically just a term used to describe those photographers who uses these smal flashguns on the loose as oppose to using studio strobes (those big big lights in layman's term :P ).


Anyway, we had Jeaney as our model and the location was at Bukit Jalil Recreational Park. A few of ShutterAsia's members participated in this workshop and we met up at the Bukit Jalil LRT station entrance. Once we were at location, I wasted no time and started the workshop itenary. It was a really fruitful workshop, as I am sure the participants learned a lot of new technical know-how on lighting and stuff. This is especially true when it comes to shooting photographs - the strobist way.

Jeaney is a sport. She poses so much so until it aches and yet she pushed her boundries. So, must really give her a pat on the back :) It was really easy to work with her, and I am sure the participants of this workshop would agree to this too.

Anyway, here are some shots which I personally took of Jeaney during this outing. I didnt shoot much as my job was to mainly guide and try to teach the participants on what I know about shooting strobist style. :)


The shooting actually ended around 6.30pm or so, and we headed over to Plaza OUG's CoffeeBean outlet to finish the workshop off with a quick Photoshop tutorial on editing and post processing strobist style photos. I think I did dropped a bomb on the participants by revealing a somewhat surprising photoshop "technique" to them. :P Anyway, thanks to all the participants and also Jeaney for making this workshop a successful mini-event.

No comments: