Friday, March 21, 2008

Careen & Ivan


I was honored to have the opportunity to shoot Careen who is a long time friend of mine. We attended the same University and had been neighbors for some time during my final year in the academic institution. Anyway, Careen and Ivan would be having these lifestyle couple photos which I took for them today pretty soon. :)

We set out around 8am this morning to Bukit Jalil Recreational Park to take some rather simple couple shots. I told Careen I would wanna keep the theme simple and clean for this shoot, in order to extract the most out of Ivan and her characteristics. Thus, fanciful props and other stuffs would be a distraction. In order to achieve this, I just asked them to dress up in simple plain colored tops with denim pants.

The MUA for this shoot was Rachel. She later told me she applied this cool thing on Careen's make up to help reduce oily residue. :) Good for me and the work I am gonna do! Rachel was using Smash Box's Photo Finish - and I am really amazed at the advancement of cosmetics! We did a shoot for a couple of hours in the eraly morning sun, and while Ivan was already sweating, I can hardly notice any "shiny" effect on Careen's face!


Anyway, we wrapped up the shoot around 11am, and proceeded to PJ to meet up with Simon at his place to let Careen try out some bridal gowns. And boy, I am glad she did find something she is ok with in the choices of wardrobes. So, the next outdoor bridal shoot of Careen is scheduled to take place in the coming weekend.

So, stay tuned!

No comments: