Friday, March 28, 2008

My Latest Acquirement : CANON EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM

Today is kinda something like a historic day for me.

I've been wanting to have this lens for a long long time, probably since the day it was launched. The one thing which have stopped me from purchasing it is because of its non L (CANON's Professional Series Lenses) grade, and yet a L lens pricing factor. This is a reputable lens which is capable of producing superb image quality - which some say is even better than some L glass' output.


I took the plunge today. Bought this baby and tested it out with my CANON EOS40D. All I can say is the output is really superb. The Image Stabalization works like a wonder, zipping and zapping with its gyro to ensure virtually shake free photos. Colors are crisp and vivid. Chromatic controls are good. I can just sum it up with one word.

Sweet!

Careen's outdoor photoshoot will take place tomorrow at Putrajaya, and I can say that this lens will see its first time action then. :) Until then, cheers!

No comments: