Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On The Move : Jinan Day #2

Last night we had some crazy @ss spicy Sichuan food for dinner. Why the heck do we eat Sichuan food when we are at Shandong anyway? Ok, that aside, the meal we had was already a tamed version of what the real deal of spiciness the people of Sichuan would love to have. It was so bloody hot and spicy that I even forgot to snap a photo of the restaurant when I left the place. Nevertheless, I manage to snap a photo or two of the most numbing plater of that night. Feast your eyes on them and imagine how they would fry your tastebuds. Trust me... if you Malaysian chaps think the cilipadi is hot - you clearly haven't land something like this in your mouth.

Asrul tucking into the bowl of oil covered black fish *more like covered with chilli*

Anyway, I woke up this morning with tummy ache - probably due to the spices which found its way in my tummy. Nothing much to do today and pretty much too lazy to go out and walk around Jinan. Although the sun is out, but the low temperature outside pretty much fizzles any encouragement I have to leave the warmth of my hotel duvet. 

So here I am spending the rest half of the day without lunch yet typing and surfing thru the internet. Bah... I think I will just brave the coldness outside to grab something to eat. Will be getting my passport back tomorrow from the Immigration office after getting my Residence Permit done. Until then, cheerios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sichuan food is very spicy, no doubt about it. My indian friends who came from india have problem finishing it. They felt it's spicy too