Sunday, January 27, 2008

Buffing My Game Up A Notch

So I figured I wanted to fo my own prints so that I am able to control the colors of my photo print outs without the cost of re-printing from photo labs and also other form of digital callibration devices. I also thought to myself that I wanted to be able to print something which is bigger than the average 6x4" or the standard A4 sizes - so I went for the A3 printer choices.

A3 printer models are kinda limited in the market. The leading brands are of course Canon and also EPSON. My buddy Simon has got one which is made by HP, and advised me strongly against buying a HP printer. They simply just arent made for photographs. Ok that aside... so my brain has been sorta fixed on getting myself either a Canon or EPSON bubblejet printer. Having used to using Canon printers ever since I was in college seems to be affecting my investment tendencies.

I did numerous benchmarking as well as some reviews online, and found that Canon printers are getting really cheap nowdays. Excellent marketing on their part, and this is of course a welcoming news to my ears.

My target now - the Canon PIXMA IX4000. It's the most affordable A3 sized photo printer I can afford right now without having to break my bank book. So... LOW YAT PLAZA, here I come later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pixma you want...is that the same as my Pixma Pro 9000??? I have not got a chance to use it much. I have had a problem getting the picture to come out the same as I see on my computer. I gues the settings I'm using are causing that. Gotta keep playing with it!

Jay Han said...

lilbuggy16 :
I am using PIXMA IX4000 which is an A3 size printer. You have to calibrate your monitor to follow suit the printouts you see on the photopaper