Friday, January 25, 2008

Helena & Kian Foh

I was going thru my photo archieves and realize I actually missed out on blogging this lovely couple's wedding, and their photos end up in the sub-folders of my hard drive. Anyway, Helena and Kian Foh's wedding will be one which kinda made a very big impact on my photography career. It thought me something really really crucial in this line of job. It tought me the importance of punctuality for a wedding photographer.


Helena was based in Subang Holiday Villa, where she booked a few rooms for her family who flew from Sabah. And since I stay just a stone throw away in Puchong, I figured I only needed probly 15 minutes max for me to reach the venue. However, thankfully I allocated 1 hour for the "just-in-case" unforseen circumstances. What happened was that there was a bad accident in the LDP highway, thus causing a bad traffic jam which hindered me from moving along. Had I follow my lazy ass bump, and decided to go thru a 15 mins drive - I would have been late, and that's absolutely not something which a wedding photographer should avoid at all cost.


Anyway, I made it to Holiday Villa Subang and thankfully the shoot went all ay-okay thereafter. Or maybe, I should say - I made it in time :) So, moral of the story is - always plan out the day, put out some spare time for those creeping unforseen circumstances. After all, this is a job for someone's BIG BIG DAY!

No comments: