Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yvonne & Melvin


I did a job for Remus a couple of weekends ago. It was a coverage for Yvonne & Melvin's wedding day, which I would say, a different experience alltogether. Melvin is from Klang valley, and Yvonne is a lass from Bukit Mertajam, Penang. So, this job took a span of 2 days to cover, and a total of approximately 8 hours on the North-South Expressway. Remus has his assistant - Nicholas (photographer), and also a videographer, Benny to cover this wedding as well. Nicholas was the chap who drive us all in his car - which he subsequently admitted it was quite straineous to have to push his Proton Wira to constantly chase after the groom's TOYOTA Wish at 160km/h back to back.


Anyway, we got ourselves bunked into this motel, which is actually a corner unit of a link house. Our arrival on Saturday is to get ready for shoot that night itself for the wedding dinner. Then, get ready again to shoot the bride's make up process around 4am the next day. I only have one word to describe this whole itenary - challenging. And o'boy, I do love challenges. One of the things you get for being a wedding photographer is the sense of accomplishment upon seeing your clients smile from ear to ear when you deliver them their photo album... and this sense of accomplishment if greatly multiplied when you happen to stumble upon challenging scenarios - and yet could find a way to get around it and solving it alltogether. This is something I found out, and it has made me stick to my "guns" as a wedding shooter.


Yvonne and Melvin's wedding is something which I would remember for some time to come, and the one thing which definitely learn is how we sped our way from KL to Bukit Mertajam and back the day after. I guess some of the drivers (we travelled in a convoy of 5 cars with the leading car being the bridal car) would be recieving their speeding tickets pretty soon. Lesson learned - try to find out the location for outstation shoot and go there yourself so you dont need to worry about speeding tix. LOL!


Well, I dont wanna bore this thread full of my ramblings - but rather fill it up with photos of Melvin and Yvonne's big day. After all, hey that's what photoblogs are supposed to be, to be full of photos - aint it? So, I'm signing off and leaving this with loads of photos. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Jay Han said...

thanks crescenet