Monday, October 1, 2007

Jay's photoblog is up

Today, I'm starting up a photoblog which is specifically dedicated to the photographic journey which I'm about to embark on. This blog will serve as constant reminders, as well as a public diary of my photographic works - which is gonna be mainly focused on wedding events, bridal photography as well as lifestyle portraits.

Now, a little bit about myself (you can skip this part if you ended up here from the link in my portfolio website at www.jayhanphotography.com).

I've been into photography for about 2-3 years now. The interesting part of this photographic journey began back when I was posted to the UK, where I bought my first DSLR - a Canon EOS 350D. There I began shooting various subjects; ranging from street photography, to macros and also portraits.

Throughout all these while - I eventually grew fond of taking photos of people. Somehow, people and their surrounding mesmerize me. Better still, when I see them with their most natural expressions. Then I came across this great site : www.strobist.com and learned all about lighting and various other stuff related to photography. It changed my perspective in a 360 degree manner.

Now, I've developed, and still developing my own style of photography. With all the information and also exposure I gathered, I'm dwelving into wedding photography as well as bridal photoshoots - where I can fully enjoy the joys of capturing special moments of joy of the people whom I've grown to know... as well as putting my lighting know-how to good use.

I hope in time to come, this blog will put more smiles onto the faces which I've shot - beyond the photographs you will see here. Then, when there are smiles out there looking thru at my photos - I know that I've succeeded in making someone happy, at least for the slightest moments where out paths crossed.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Kai Hui, Leong said...

Heng dai, this is my first visit to your blog. Nice huh!! Keep up your wonderful work :):)